But I've learned since then and this week I gave it a try. It took a little experimenting to find the right approach, but I'm pleased with the end result.
The syntax highlighter is built off of my existing parsing engine. In addition to highlighting basic constructs, it'll also detect unclosed parenthesis or brackets and paint them red. So for example (abc(def) would all be red. I think this makes it easier to find mistakes. And I hope you enjoy it.
In addition to this I've fixed a few bugs and made a few improvements:
- I improved code completion when working with a multi-line regular expression. The down arrow key now responds more like you'd expect a good code completion system would.
- I optimized some initialization code and sped up the app slightly.
- I was able to remove an unneeded assembly. The app is now about 40KB smaller.
Post a Comment