So the server migration is complete. I ran into a couple problems along the way that were all related to server configuration. But this new dedicated server seems pretty nice. And it should completely resolve the performance problems the site has been experiencing the past few weeks. While I was at it I also moved the blog to blog.regexhero.net so it can be hosted by Blogger. I did that because Blogger will soon be canceling their FTP service that I was using. Apparently there's only a small percentage of Blogger users who used that service. Anyway, making the switch does mean that I'm able to use some nice features I wasn't able to before. For example, you'll now see a list of categories in the right-hand navigation. It's such a simple thing but that's something I've wanted for a long time.