- When you press the down arrow key the focus shifts to the code hinting box, but holding down the key wouldn't do anything unless you lift and press again. Now as you press and hold the down arrow key, the selection will rapidly move down the list.
- The code hinting box wouldn't go away when you shift focus to the target string or click in the regular expression box. Now it will.
- The app would throw unfriendly errors if you have disabled Isolated Storage. Now it won't.
- The app would throw unfriendly errors occasionally when trying to step to a match that doesn't exist. Now it won't.
- I've enabled output caching on the home page as well as the tester to improve ASP.NET performance, if only slightly.
- I've combined three separate web service calls upon initialization to only one. This will reduce the time it takes for the tester to recognize your login.
- I've changed the placement of the code hinting popup to line up perfectly with the regular expression above it, and I've changed the font to match.
- I've restricted the size of the code hinting box and made it scrollable by arrow keys.
- I added a subtle drop shadow to the code hinting box and dialog boxes.
Code Hinting Improvements
- I added code hinting for all of the remaining constructs that have parenthesis.
- I added code hinting for the commonly used expressions that begin with a back slash such as \n, \r, \s, etc.